NTC Hosting is pleased to inform you that our advanced in-house developed File Manager software has undergone a new substantial update that has brought to the surface its latest release - version 2.01.
The new version is already available in your Web Hosting Control Panels and boasts enhanced functionality and an abundance of new handy features. The new update was entirely subdued to our customers' requirements and creative ideas and we hope to have met your expectations and brought even further advanced features.
The list of new options includes the following:
1. The 'Download' and 'Open' options are now featured separately on the file/folder tooltips that you can open clicking on a file name/or a folder type icon. Previously, they were offered as one Open/Download activity.
2. 'Download' option has been added also to the up and down Actions toolbars. The new action enables our customers to select multiple files for download. The chosen items are automatically generated in a .ZIP archive and downloaded to your PC.
3. Our customers can download not only files, but also folders now. The folders download is based on the same principle as the multiple files download.
4. Archive/ZIP folder option is also available in this File Manager version. It makes a .ZIP file from the selected directory and saves the archive on the server.
5. A new type icon has been added to each file/folder information field. It gives access to the permissions set for each file/folder. By clicking on the type icon, you can view the current permissions set and select your desired ones.
6. 'Enter Custom Path' - this is a new input field activated, that allows users to enter the name of a directory that they wish to open in the File Manager's File Listing Panel. This option has a time-saving function, as it gives you the opportunity to quickly go to directory locations that are well-known to you without having to browse to those locations folder by folder.
7. 'Quick Links Path' - customers have now the possibility to view the name of a not fully displayed directory path in this field. They need to simply mouse over it and the full name will be displayed in the appearing tooltip.
8. The same tooltip function is available also for the files/folder names featured in the File Listing Panel. Customers need to only mouse over a file/folder (not fully displayed) to see its entire name.
9. Another new option added to the functionality of the File Listing Panel is the files listing by Size or Name criteria. Note however that by Name can be listed all files and folders, while the Size option is available only for the files' list.
10. As concerns the Plain Text Editor of the File Manager, it has been probably most affected by this update. Many fixes have been performed to improve its functionality, also several new features have been introduced:
We really hope that File Manager version 2.01 will make the file management of our present and prospective customers' accounts much easier and pleasurable-to-do, and matching also the top-quality of our web hosting services.
With best regards, from NTC Hosting