.PRO, where PRO derives from 'professional', is a reserved domain for companies and individuals who offer qualified services. Learn more about this highly specific domain and check out the eligibility rules.
Why a .PRO domain name?
With .PRO, your business profile will have its own official license for proficiency and credibility. Since only companies with a business license can become registrants, it will be instantly clear to your site visitors that the services you are offering are of professional quality.
Since .PRO was initially restricted to just a few professions (like lawyers and engineers), there are still many .PRO domains available for immediate registration. Even if you already have your good .COM or .NET site name, make sure you get its .PRO version as an add-on license for your professionalism. It will be fine to just redirect the .PRO version to your original site.
As mentioned earlier, .PRO is available to licensed professionals exclusively. This means that the applicants will need to provide a proof that they offer professional services and operate in good standing with the licensing authority. .PRO can be registered for up to 10 years, allowing you to secure your ownership over the domain for a long period of time.
How to register a .PRO domain
You can get your instant domain license for offering professional services with the quick registration wizard by NTC Hosting. Tell us which domain you want and we'll immediately send your domain request to the .PRO registry. Then you will be sent detailed instructions on how to submit your Authentication and Verification information. You will have plenty of time (44 days) to complete this step.
Through the point & click Domain Manger functionality coming with your .PRO domain, you will be able to control all of its settings (like Whois info, name servers, custom DNS records, etc.) from one place.
.PRO is the quickest way to PROmote your professionalism online, so hurry up and lock in your .PRO domain today at no risk.
Other supported TLDs:
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.pro + Hosting||.pro Only|
- .PRO Registrar-Lock – allows the domain owner to lock his/her domain name, in order to avoid unauthorized, or accidental changes to the domain name.
- .PRO Transfer – means change of the domain registrar; usually 1 year is added to the registration upon successful completion of the transfer. Domain transfer fee is equal to the domain registration fee. In some cases, an EPP authorization key is required. It must be obtained from the domain's current registrar.
- .PRO Edit WHOIS – allows the publicly displayed WHOIS information of the domain name to be edited.
- .PRO ID Protect – allows protection of the publicly available WHOIS information by replacing it with fictitious information.
- .PRO Registration Period – various TLDs can be registered for different periods.
- .PRO Single registration/transfer – this refers to the price of a 1-year registration/transfer for a particular TLD, purchased with a web hosting plan. For the majority of TLDs, the minimum registration period is 1 year. For the TLDs marked with "*" this period is 2 years.