Operating on the New Zealand market offers a wealth of opportunities for both local and foreign businesses. The well-developed economy and the high standard of living in the island country create all the necessary conditions for businesses to prosper.
Why register a .CO.NZ domain?
With the fast development of the IT industry and the wide open availability of .CO.NZ domains businesses are offered another great opportunity to promote their offerings. Owning a .CO.NZ domain is recommended as a way for securing a trading business name in New Zealand and reaching a front position in the local search results.
Second-level .NZ domains
Just like .CO.NZ is a second-level domain to .NZ dedicated specifically to commercial entities, there are other .NZ domains intended for certain entities such as .NET.NZ (for network providers), .ORG.NZ (non-profit organizations), .AC.NZ (for educational institutions), .GEEK.NZ (for computer geeks), .GEN.NZ (for general use), etc. A noteworthy .NZ domain is the unique .MAORI.NZ extension, intended explicitly for the Māori tribal groups native to New Zealand.
.CO.NZ registration requirements
To register a .CO.NZ domain you will need to be of age, if it is intended for a private website, or be a properly constituted organization, if it will be used for non-profit or commercial websites. There is no restriction for registrants to be located in New Zealand or for the domain names to be hosted on local servers. A basic requirement for .CO.NZ domains is to keep all registrant information relevant and up to date at all times.
.CO.NZ management options
If you are planning to launch a website for your New Zealand based business - you can register your own .CO.NZ domain name anytime now for 1 year. Each .CO.NZ registration comes packed with a feature-rich .CO.NZ Domain Manager offering many control options such as .CO.NZ Domain Parking, Full Whois Management and Custom DNS Records, like MX and A Records, NS Records, AAAA Records, SRV Records, TXT Records, etc.
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.co.nz + Hosting||.co.nz Only|
- .CO.NZ Registration Period – you can register a .CO.NZ domain name for one year in advance;
- .CO.NZ Edit WHOIS – this option allows you to edit the publicly displayed WHOIS information of your CO.NZ domain;
- .CO.NZ Status Alerts – warning emails sent to inform you of the domain`s upcoming expiry date;
- .CO.NZ Domain Parking – you can register a catchy .CO.NZ domain with NTC Hosting and park it (point it to a parking page or to a real website) until you are ready to launch your website online;
- .CO.NZ Domain Manager – a fully featured .CO.NZ domain management interface from where you can manage all necessary settings;
- .CO.NZ Custom DNS Records – a set of DNS control options for your .CO.NZ domain (A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, TXT records) accessible through an advanced DNS Manager;
- .CO.NZ Subdomains – you can set multiple subdomains to your .CO.NZ domain name; their exact number is defined by your particular hosting plan;