Check out this article and video to see why .COM.AU is one of the most popular domain extensions in the world and how you can easily get your .COM.AU domain with NTC Hosting.
Why choose the .COM.AU domain?
.COM.AU is one of the most preferred TLDs on the English-speaking domain market. First, this is because most Australians and Australia-based companies and organizations prefer to use the native Australian TLD for their sites. This will guarantee them a greater recognition among the local visitors and at the same time will reinforce their Australian identity on the international market. Another way to explain why .COM.AU is so popular is to mention that many foreign business entities have found it worthwhile to target the broad-minded Australian audience.
While it is not possible to register Australian TLDs at first level (e.g. your-domain-name.AU), you can choose between two widely marketed options - .COM.AU and .NET.AU. They are both open for general use and can be registered by anyone who wants to directly associate their online presence with the Australian market. Of both, .COM.AU is currently more popular, because of its clear reference to commercial activities.
By registry rules, the domain can be registered for 2 years at a time. No other registration periods are supported to date. The domain doesn't have a lock option and can be transferred between registrars using an EPP key.
How to register a .COM.AU domain name?
Registering your unique .COM.AU domain name with NTC Hosting or transferring your existing one is a breeze. Our domain wizard functionality will help you easily find the domain you want and will take you through the quick registration/transfer steps right at signup. With the point-and-click Domain Manager integrated into our Web Hosting Control Panel, you will be able to edit your domains' Whois information and name servers, set custom DNS records, park .COM.AU domains, set URL redirection and more, within seconds.
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||2 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.com.au + Hosting||.com.au Only|
- .COM.AU Registrar-Lock – allows the domain owner to lock his/her domain name, in order to avoid unauthorized, or accidental changes to the domain name.
- .COM.AU Transfer – means change of the domain registrar; usually 1 year is added to the registration upon successful completion of the transfer. Domain transfer fee is equal to the domain registration fee. In some cases, an EPP authorization key is required. It must be obtained from the domain's current registrar.
- .COM.AU Edit WHOIS – allows the publicly displayed WHOIS information of the domain name to be edited.
- .COM.AU Registration Period – various TLDs can be registered for different periods.
- .COM.AU Single registration/transfer – this refers to the price of a 1-year registration/transfer for a particular TLD, purchased with a web hosting plan. For the majority of TLDs, the minimum registration period is 1 year. For the TLDs marked with "*" this period is 2 years.