If you want to establish a Finland-oriented online presence and grow your business in this Scandinavian country, registering a domain name under the .FI ccTLD would be the most logical choice. Studies have shown that Finnish residents trust .FI domains more than generic ones. In addition, you will rank higher in local search results.
.FI Domain Registration Services
The .FI domain extension was introduced to the world in 1986, but it wasn't until 2016 that it became available to everyone. Before that it was reserved only for Finnish citizens and for companies that had a trademark registered in Finland. After the liberalization of the registration system, the number of registered .FI domains has grown significantly - more than 400,000 .FI-adorned websites have been published online in less than a year.
This can be attributed to the country’s strong economic performance in recent years. Finland has been a major player in the European market and its economic growth has led to an increased interest from foreign investors.
With NTC Hosting, you can enter the Finnish market with a brand new .FI domain name for just $15.00 for 1 year!
Managing .FI Domain Names with NTC Hosting
Once you’ve registered an .FI domain name with NTC Hosting, you will be given access to our advanced Domain Manager – a one-stop domain management solution, which has everything you may need, readily available. It allows you to manage multiple domain names with ease.
If you also open a hosting account with us, you will be able to manage your websites, your domain names and your billing transactions from one and the same Control Panel!
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-5 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.fi + Hosting||.fi Only|
- .FI Registration Period – the time period (1-10 years) for which an .FI domain name can be registered;
- .FI Domain Transfer – the existing domain registrar is replaced with a new one while the domain owner stays the same;
- .FI Edit WHOIS – you will be able to quickly modify your WHOIS details;
- .FI Status Alerts – you will get automated email notifications about upcoming .FI domain expiration dates or ICANN-related activities;
- .FI Domain Parking – you will be able to easily point your .FI domain name to one of our domain parking templates or to another website;
- .FI Domain Manager – you will have complete control over your .FI domain name;
- .FI Custom DNS Records – you will be able to set up custom A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV and TXT records for all your .FI domain names;
- .FI Subdomains – if you have an .FI domain name hosted with us, you will be able to create an unlimited number of subdomains for it;