Thinking of setting up your personal website and wondering which is the best domain name for you? Well, whereas the first part of the domain (SLD) is totally dependent on your imagination and we could hardly be advisors here, the second part (TLD) is subject to some recommendations. Among the TLDs intended for use by personal websites, only one - the .NAME domain, was originally created as a top-level domain name for individuals. We, at NTC Hosting, offer you a cut-price .NAME domain registration or transfer along with a bunch of domain control options.
The .NAME TLD
The .NAME domain was set up as a generic top-level domain for websites bearing real or fictional personal names, nicknames, pseudonyms, etc. Its original purpose was to allow registrations of the first.last.name type, so that domain owners could get domains that match exactly their actual names. However, second-level registrations were later made available as well to give registrants more flexibility in defining the domain syntax. Due to its role as a personal and memorable identifier, the .NAME domain is increasingly used as a natural address for Digital Identity applications, aimed at facilitating the communication of individuals with the WWW.
.NAME with NTC Hosting
Registering your .NAME domain with NTC Hosting is fast and easy. If you already have a domain registered somewhere else - no worries, we'll transfer it to our registrar as soon as possible to help you fully control your online presence from your personal account with us. By default, each .NAME domain registration or transfer comes with multiple management options, including Custom DNS Records, Parked Domains and a managed DNS service, just to mention a few.
Give your online presence a good 'name' with your unique .NAME registration at NTC Hosting.
|Type||Generic top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.name + Hosting||.name Only|
- .NAME Registration Period – the exact period of years you can register a .NAME domain name varies from 1 to 10 years at a time;
- .NAME Transfer – if you are not happy with your .NAME domain registrar - transfer it over to NTC Hosting; usually one year is added to the domain`s expiration date upon successful transfer;
- .NAME Edit WHOIS – with this option you can edit the information presented in the WHOIS of your .NAME domain name whenever necessary;
- .NAME Status Alerts – these are e-notifications sent to your email address in real time to alarm you of the due expiration of your .NAME domain;
- .NAME Domain Parking – this service offers you the convenience of registering a cool domain name and keep it with a parked status (pointing to a parking page or to a real website) for as long as you are ready to launch your own website on the WWW;
- .NAME Domain Manager – a full-featured domain management functionality available in your web hosting Control Panel for controlling your .NAME domain name;
- .NAME Custom DNS Records – an advanced interface for setting various DNS records to your .NAME domain name, including A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, TXT records;
- .NAME Subdomains – the number of subdomains you can set up within your .NAME domain name account depends on which web hosting plan your have chosen for building your online presence;