The .pl domain was created in 1990, following the mitigation of the COCOM embargo. The first subdomain in .pl was .pwr.pl, belonging to the Wrocław University of Technology.
Why register a .PL domain?
Today, owning a web presence under the .PL domain is a priority task for most of the entities, aimed at gaining an online recognition among the Polish Internet audience.
.PL registration requirements
.PL domains are wide open for registration to anyone, with no specific registrant country restrictions set by the .pl registry. Whatever the purpose of your site, you can apply for a .PL domain and bring your web presence a few steps closer to the Polish audience. You are allowed to register as many domains as you wish under the same registrant details.
.PL management options
If it is on your schedule to own a .PL domain for your Poland-related website - you will be able to register yours for a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 years. The .PL registration comes with loads of management options such as .PL domain parking, Full Whois Management and Custom DNS Records like MX & A Records, NS Records, AAAA Records, SRV Records, TXT Records, etc.
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-3 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.pl + Hosting||.pl Only|
- .PL Transfer – means change of the domain registrar; usually 1 year is added to the registration upon successful completion of the transfer. Domain transfer fee is equal to the domain registration fee. In some cases, an EPP authorization key is required. It must be obtained from the domain's current registrar.
- .PL Edit WHOIS – allows the publicly displayed WHOIS information of the domain name to be edited.
- .PL ID Protect – allows protection of the publicly available WHOIS information by replacing it with fictitious information.
- .PL Registration Period – various TLDs can be registered for different periods.
- .PL Single registration/transfer – this refers to the price of a 1-year registration/transfer for a particular TLD, purchased with a web hosting plan. For the majority of TLDs, the minimum registration period is 1 year. For the TLDs marked with "*" this period is 2 years.