Dedicated to all US related entities, the .US domain is perfect for citizens, residents, or organizations originating from the United States and foreign entities presented in the United States.
Why is it worth registering a .US domain name?
Is the .US extension your preferred domain name registration choice? Grab the right .US domain for you through the full-featured web hosting services offered by NTC Hosting. If you have already found your .US domain, simply transfer it over to us, since we give you a powerful Domain Manager tool for total control over your online profile.
What makes .US so special?
As a country-code TLD, the .US domain is not as restrictive as expected. It is intended for all US related entities, including not only United States citizens, residents, or organizations, but also foreign entities presented in the United States. The domain became available in 2002 when all second-level domains were released for public registration, adding more options to the available top-level TLDs such as .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, etc. Before its official release, the .US domain was primarily used by governmental agencies. After the release was a fact, that tradition was preserved to some extent, so that many registrants in the USA preferred the .com, .net or .org extensions to .us. That trend has been interrupted in recent years when a growing number of US related individuals, organizations or businesses resort first to the .US extension for their preferred domain.
How to register a .US domain name
You can register your .US domain for as many as 10 years at a time. NTC Hosting now gives you the option to reserve your preferred registration for a whole decade to ensure security for your online presence. A multi-year renewal option is supported as well. We execute both registration and transfer requests immediately. Simply tell us what your .US name should be and we'll take care of the rest. Once the domain name is registered with or transferred over to us, you can start managing it with the help of our in-house built Web Hosting Control Panel. In there, you will have access to various custom DNS settings, such as A and MX records, CNAME records and much more, giving you complete domain hosting freedom.
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.us + Hosting||.us Only|
- .US Registration Period – gives information about the maximum number of years you can register your .US domain for; you can grab yours for up to 10 years at a time;
- .US Transfer – refers to a change of the registrar of your .US domain, which normally adds 1 year to its expiry date; keep in mind that an EPP authorization key is required for your .US transfer;
- .US Registrar-Lock – enables the domain owners to lock their .US domains to avoid any unauthorized changes to the corresponding domain settings;
- .US Edit WHOIS – with this option you can modify the WHOIS records of your .US domain anytime you need to;
- .US Status Alerts – email warnings sent to the domain owner to inform him/her of the domain`s upcoming expiration date;
- .US Domain Parking – this is an easy way to reserve your desired domain name even if you do not have plans to build a website for it soon; simply register it and point it to a parking page or to a real website until you are ready to upload your site files online;
- .US Domain Manager – an advanced-level yet user-friendly domain management interface, integrated into your Control Panel, where you can manage your .US domain settings from;
- .US Custom DNS Records – this refers to a rich set of DNS management options for your .US domains, including A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, TXT records;
- .US Subdomains – it will be possible for you to set multiple subdomains to your .US domain, their exact number depending on the hosting plan configuration you have selected;