The process of registering a .CO.UK domain name is not an easy job. The most popular second-level domain for the United Kingdom has some specific requirements which should be met due to its registry's policy.
Registering a .CO.UK domain name
Registering a .CO.UK domain name is known for being a specific and not that easy-going process. We, at NTC Hosting, are doing our best to facilitate this process by offering a low-cost, automatic and almost instant registration of your preferred .CO.UK domain. We also handle .CO.UK transfers should you already own such a domain and need to change the current registrar.
What makes .CO.UK so special?
.CO.UK is a second-level domain to .UK - the country code top-level domain name for the United Kingdom and one of the most popular top-level domains on the Internet. It can only be registered by UK related entities (citizens, residents, or organizations) and is used both for commercial and general purposes. Since it is not possible to register a domain name directly under the root .UK extension, all applicable registrants could only register second-level domains to the main domain .UK. Besides .CO.UK, other second-level .UK domains include .ME.UK and .ORG.UK.
How to register a .CO.UK domain name
In order to register a .CO.UK domain name you must be a UK citizen or resident, or you need to register the domain for a UK registered company or organization. You can take your .CO.UK domain name for a period of 2 years, as per its registry's policy. Both the registration and transfer of all .UK extensions go with a full pack of DNS management options, including Custom MX & A Records, CNAME Records, NS, AAAA, TXT and SRV Records. You can manage DNS settings and WHOIS information and renew domains from the Domain Manager tool in your web hosting account's Control Panel.
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
Country-code (ccTLDs): European ccTLDs: .at, .be, .de, .ch, .eu, .it, .me, .nl, .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk, .org.uk, .fr, .ru, .es, .se, .pl, .pt, .dk, .fi, .no, .gr
American TLDs: .ca, .us, .com.mx, .mx
Asian ccTLDs: .asia, .cn, .com.cn, .org.cn, .net.cn, .in, .jp, .ws, .tw, .com.tw, .org.tw, .idv.tw, .co.il, .ph, .qa, .ae, .ie
Australian ccTLDs: .com.au, .net.au, .org.au
Oceanian ccTLDs: .cc, .co.nz, .net.nz, .org.nz, .nu, .tv
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.co.uk + Hosting||.co.uk Only|
- .CO.UK Registration Period – the number of years you register a domain name for is its registration period; .CO.UK domain names have two-year registration period only, that is they can be only registered for two years at a time, not less or over;
- .CO.UK Transfer – this service allows you to transfer .CO.UK domain names to a different registrar; no EPP key needs to be obtained from the current registrar; in some cases one year is added to the domain's registration period upon transfer;
- .CO.UK Status Alerts – status alerts are warning notifications sent to your e-mail address prior to the expiration date of your .CO.UK domain name;
- .CO.UK Domain Parking – NTC Hosting supports domain parking service, which allows to register an attractive .CO.UK domain name and keep it parked - pointing to a parking page or to a real website - until you are ready to fill it with content and kick it online;
- .CO.UK Domain Manager – an advanced interface for domain management available in your web hosting control panel; it gives you full control over your .CO.UK domain name;
- .CO.UK Custom DNS Records – a full set of DNS control options is at your disposal in the web hosting Control Panel for setting up your .CO.UK domain's DNS records - A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, TXT records;
- .CO.UK Subdomains – you are able to create multiple subdomains within your .CO.UK domain name account; the exact number of subdomains allowed depends on the hosting plan you have chosen;