With the number of mobile web users exceeding the number of PC Internet users worldwide in recent years - a new specific generic top-level domain name - .MOBI, has become extremely popular on the global TLD scene. dotMobi domains were created in response to the growing need of users of mobile devices such as cell phones and PDAs to open websites and online applications in a standardized format. Thus, .MOBI is not just a matter of a syntax reference to the mobile nature of websites, but a whole new philosophy in achieving smooth performance of websites on users' mobile gadgets.
Why register .MOBI?
Reaching a pleasurable WWW experience for users of web enabled mobile devices is ensured through a set of recommendations for building mobile content websites. The so called MWI Best Practices for mobile content, elaborated by the .MOBI registry in collaboration with the W3C Mobile Web Initiative, pre-define some important rules that each .MOBI website must observe to be fully compatible with the target mobile users' browsing devices. Putting the suggested website mobility methods in practice, .MOBI site owners will be guaranteed 100% access through the Mobile Web.
.MOBI registration requirements
The top most important requirement for building a mobile content website is that all pages must be encoded in XHTML-MP (Mobile Profile). This is required since many mobile devices still have problems connecting to a normally formatted web page. Another key rule is that all .MOBI websites must respond to an HTTP request without the "www" part, since the majority of the mobile Internet users find it particularly troublesome typing "www" each time they need to access a certain domain name.
It is also important to note that no framed redirections are allowed on your .MOBI website and that the country identifier TLD must be used as a third-level domain identifier if you wish to offer services to various local markets (i.e. jp.your-best-domain.mobi, uk.your-best-domain.mobi).
How to register .MOBI?
.MOBI domains are open for registration to any potential mobile site owner. Get your unique .MOBI domain name now and enjoy a feature-rich .MOBI Domain Manager with plenty of options such as Whois Management, .MOBI transfer, Domain Parking, setting Custom DNS Records like MX & A Records, NS Records, AAAA Records, SRV Records, TXT Records, etc.
To ensure full compatibility of the .MOBI websites with all mobile networks worldwide as well as their search results rankability, the dotMOBI registry has received support by the major global mobile operators and mobile phone/infrastructure vendors and Internet search and content providers.
|Type||Sponsored top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.mobi + Hosting||.mobi Only|
- .MOBI Registration Period – the maximum number of years your .MOBI domain can be registered for; the maximum number of years allowed is 10 years at a time;
- .MOBI Transfer – it refers to a change of your .MOBI domain registrar; normally 1 year is added to the domain's expiry date upon successful completion of the transfer;
- .MOBI Registrar-Lock – it enables the domain owner to lock his/her domain name to avoid unauthorized, or accidental changes to the domain name;
- .MOBI Edit WHOIS – this option allows the publicly displayed WHOIS information of the domain name to be edited at any time;
- .MOBI Status Alerts – warning notifications sent to you by email to inform you of the domain's upcoming expiry date;
- .MOBI Domain Parking – you can register a cool .MOBI domain name with NTC Hosting and keep it parked (pointing to a parking page or to a real website) until you are ready to launch it online;
- .MOBI Domain Manager – a full-featured domain management interface integrated into your Web Hosting Control Panel, from where you can manage your .MOBI domain;
- .MOBI Custom DNS Records – a set of DNS control options for your .MOBI domain such as A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, and TXT records;
- .MOBI Subdomains – you can set multiple subdomains to your .MOBI domain; their exact number is dependent on the hosting plan type you have selected;