You are searching for the best domain name for your UK-based non-profit organization and are in two minds about whether to choose the generic .ORG domain extension or the local .ORG.UK one? In either case you should know that NTC Hosting will ensure a fast and easy registration procedure.
Registration or transfer of an .ORG.UK domain name
Although the registration of an .ORG.UK domain is more requirements-loaded than that of .ORG domains, we have done our best to facilitate all the specific sign-up steps for you.
If you already own an .ORG.UK domain and wish to change its current registrar, NTC Hosting will provide all the conditions for a smooth and trouble-free transfer of your domain to our ICANN-accredited registrar.
What makes .ORG.UK so special?
The .ORG.UK extension is a second-level domain to .UK - the country code top-level domain name for the United Kingdom, which ranks among the most popular TLDs on the WWW today. As such, it is intended for registration by UK related non-commercial entities only (citizens, residents, or non-profit organizations) as opposed to .CO.UK, which is aimed at serving commercial websites mainly. Another popular second-level domain to .UK open for registration is .ME.UK, which is intended for personal use by UK-registered individuals.
How to get an .ORG.UK domain name
You can take your .ORG.UK domain name for a period of 2 years now, as per its official registry's policy. Both the registration and transfer of all .UK extensions come with a rich set of DNS management options including Custom MX & A Records and CNAME Records, as well as NS, AAAA, TXT and SRV Records. Also, using the tools provided in our web hosting control panel you can easily set up your website with one of the free, open source PHP scripts prepared for automatic installation. With Joomla, WordPress, 4Images and Moodle you can create a web portal, an e-learning platform, an image gallery, or a blog website in a few minutes.
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
Country-code (ccTLDs): European ccTLDs: .at, .be, .de, .ch, .eu, .it, .me, .nl, .co.uk, .uk, .me.uk, .org.uk, .fr, .ru, .es, .se, .pl, .pt, .dk, .fi, .no, .gr
American TLDs: .ca, .us, .com.mx, .mx
Asian ccTLDs: .asia, .cn, .com.cn, .org.cn, .net.cn, .in, .jp, .ws, .tw, .com.tw, .org.tw, .idv.tw, .co.il, .ph, .qa, .ae, .ie
Australian ccTLDs: .com.au, .net.au, .org.au
Oceanian ccTLDs: .cc, .co.nz, .net.nz, .org.nz, .nu, .tv
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.org.uk + Hosting||.org.uk Only|
- .ORG.UK Registration Period – it indicates the number of years your .ORG.UK domain can be registered for; get yours now for 2 years at a time;
- .ORG.UK Transfer – with this service you change the registrar of your .ORG.UK domain and transfer all domain management options over to your account with NTC Hosting;
- .ORG.UK Status Alerts – those are email notifications sent to your hosting account's email address that inform you of your .ORG.UK domain's upcoming expiry date;
- .ORG.UK Domain Parking – you can register a desired .ORG.UK domain with NTC Hosting and park it i.e. point it to a parking page or to a real website until you are ready to publish its contents online;
- .ORG.UK Domain Manager – a full-featured advanced domain management interface, integrated into your web hosting Control Panel, for administering your .ORG.UK domain;
- .ORG.UK Custom DNS Records – a set of DNS control options for your newly-registered or transferred .ORG.UK domain such as A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, TXT records;
- .ORG.UK Subdomains – you can set many independent subdomains to your .ORG.UK domain name; their exact number is defined by the hosting plan type you have selected;