Gone for good are the days when you were able to register almost any top-choice .COM domain you could think of and run a million-dollar site. But don't worry about that anymore. With .CO now widely open for registration to everyone, the early .COM times have come again and you should not miss out on this real big chance. Check out more about the new TLD blockbuster - the .CO domain, below.
Why the .CO domain?
With the introduction of domain extensions like .WS and .NU a few years ago, we all got the freedom to select the exact domain we want for our site. Now that many preferred domains under these extensions have already been registered, here is a new TLD that will offer even greater killer options for a well-optimized site name. What makes .CO more special is that it sounds and looks almost like the still No 1 TLD - .COM. Besides, .CO domains are already indirectly recognized worldwide as part of country-specific domains related to many big countries like UK (.CO.UK), South Africa (.CO.ZA) and New Zealand (.CO.NZ) .
Who can register .CO domains?
Officially, .CO is the country code for Colombia. However, this is just a formality, since there are absolutely no restrictions on who can register .CO domains. Since it is now being recognized as the new global domain, you could register it for any website you want. For example, if you are a COmpany, a COmittee, a COmmunity, or a CO-operation, or if you organize COnferenes, etc., this domain is just for you. But even if your entity or site activity has nothing to do with 'CO', you could just dive into this new TLD trend and make the most of your web presence.
How to register a .CO domain name?
You can register your .CO domain in a few minutes using the quick domain wizard brought to you by NTC Hosting. The registration period you can get it for is 1-5 years, the choice is yours. The more years you reserve it for, the less concerns you will have that you may lose it. Transfers between registrars are supported too, so you can always move it to a better service provider, if necessary.
You will be able to manage your .CO and other domains from inside a point-and-click Domain Manager tool integrated into our Web Hosting Control Panel. The tool lets you edit your Whois information as well as the name servers of your domains, and also offers a custom DNS records interface and the options to park .CO domains, to set URL redirection and more.
The demand for .CO domains is escalating any minute now, so you'd better hurry up and register yours today.
|Registry||.CO Internet S.A.S, Bogotá, Colombia|
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-5 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.co + Hosting||.co Only|
|1 year||$16.50||$16.50 $26.00|
- .CO Registrar-Lock – allows the domain owner to lock his/her domain name, in order to avoid unauthorized, or accidental changes to the domain name.
- .CO Transfer – means change of the domain registrar; usually 1 year is added to the registration upon successful completion of the transfer. Domain transfer fee is equal to the domain registration fee. In some cases, an EPP authorization key is required. It must be obtained from the domain's current registrar.
- .CO Edit WHOIS – allows the publicly displayed WHOIS information of the domain name to be edited.
- .CO ID Protect – allows protection of the publicly available WHOIS information by replacing it with fictitious information.
- .CO Registration Period – various TLDs can be registered for different periods.
- .CO Single registration/transfer – this refers to the price of a 1-year registration/transfer for a particular TLD, purchased with a web hosting plan. For the majority of TLDs, the minimum registration period is 1 year. For the TLDs marked with "*" this period is 2 years.