Laying your hand on a noteworthy, easy-to-remember name for your personal or business website has become harder than ever. This is largely due to the fact that well-established generic TLDs like .COM, .NET and .ORG still top the chart for the most preferred extensions among potential domain owners. The growing lack of desirable domain names in those popular TLDs have given way to the emergence of alternative solutions like .WS and .NU that hide enormous top-level potential and are yet to be widely recognized as prime domain extensions for both commercial and non-commercial websites.
.NU Domain Details
The .NU domain name was originally born as the top-level domain of the Polynesian island of Niue with its syntax inherited from the ISO ('NU' is the ISO acknowledged abbreviation of Niue). Namely its syntax, however, gave it a strong push toward becoming popular beyond the Niue island's shores. Over the last few years .NU domains have been noisily marketed among the Internet audience as the new-generation TLD choice.
Why register .NU Domains?
There are a few key reasons for .NU domains to be that much liked as the new top-level TLD alternative. In the first place - dotNU is wide open for registration to anyone in the world. That added to the still low popularity of .NU gives attractive-domain-needy users the opportunity to register just about any name they might want. Second, the phonetic allusion in 'NU' to the Internet-favorite word 'NEW' adds a special extra meaning to all .NU domain names as representing new-generation websites. Another noteworthy advantage of .NU is that it is especially suitable for websites in Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Belgian and Dutch, since 'NU' means 'NOW' in those languages.
How to register a .NU domain?
Get one key step ahead of your competition and reserve your .NU domain name now! Be forward-thinking and make your easy choice of a true killer .NU domain while you still have this unique opportunity. It may be too late tomorrow. Taking your .NU domain from this website will give you a fully packed .NU Domain Manager with plenty of options like editing Whois information, Domain Locking, Domain Parking, setting Custom DNS Records, among them MX & A Records, NS Records, AAAA Records, SRV Records, TXT Records, etc.
|Registry||.SE (The Internet Infrastructure Foundation)|
|Type||Country code top-level domain|
|Registration period||1-10 years|
Other supported TLDs:
Generic (gTLDs): .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz, .mobi, .name, .we.bs, .co, .pro, .website, .services, .solutions, .space, .xyz, .club, .news, .top, .company, .deals, .guru, .ninja, .site, .family, .party, .online, .tech, .fun, .press, .store
African ccTLDS: .co.za
|Period||.nu + Hosting||.nu Only|
- .NU Registration Period – this is the maximum number of years your domain can be registered for; you can get your .NU domain for as many as 10 years in advance at a time;
- .NU Registrar-Lock – it enables domain owners to lock their .NU domains to avoid any unathorized, or accidental changes to the domains settings;
- .NU Edit WHOIS – it allows the publicly displayed WHOIS information of the .NU domain name to be modified
- .NU Status Alerts – those are warning notifications sent to you by email to inform you of the domain`s upcoming expiry date;
- .NU Domain Parking – you can register a killer .NU domain with NTC Hosting and keep it parked (pointing to a parking page or to a real website) until you are ready to launch its contents online;
- .NU Domain Manager – a full-featured advanced domain management interface integrated into your Web Hosting Control Panel, from where you can manage your .NU domain;
- .NU Custom DNS Records – a set of DNS control options for your .NU domain such as A, MX, AAAA, NS, SRV, and TXT records;
- .NU Subdomains – you can set multiple subdomains to your .NU domain name, the exact number of which depends on the hosting plan type you have selected;